Hotel Management &
Property Development Services
Commitment to Excellence
The services offered by AHM have been put into place to ensure the financial success of every property we manage. Our efforts are concentrated only on the hotel industry, allowing us to focus exclusively on our hotel management services, thus providing outstanding hotel performance results.
Through many years of carefully monitoring financial performance metrics, we have streamlined our process to achieve unparalleled efficiencies. We provide the pertinent controls and detail for you to feel confident in your asset’s optimal financial results. We provide the tight controls and detail you need to feel confident in the position of your investment.
Our financial services include:
- Performing revenue and yield management practices consistent with management expertise, owner guidelines, franchise agreements, and industry standards.
- Implementation and oversight of budgetary controls and criteria.
- Analysis of all financial reports relative to your hotel’s operation.
- Timely delivery of monthly and annual profit and loss statements and balance sheets, providing you consistent access to this important data.
- Implementation and management of all financial reporting procedures allowing accurate, timely, and user-friendly monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting.
- Payment management of all operational invoices, including (but not limited to) taxes, insurance, and disposable operational items. AHM principals look at every single bill ensuring each is within budget and expectations.
- Reviewing existing expense control practices and policies and modifying where necessary to keep all outlays within budget.
- Reviewing accounts receivable and pursuing payment with proven collection procedures when necessary.
- Daily review of revenue budget numbers. This allows anything falling outside projections to be investigated and remedied early.
At AHM, we believe communication is key to the satisfaction of all parties we work with and is an important factor in the success of the properties we manage.
Our communication function includes:
- Daily contact with the property via telephone and e-mail to monitor, manage, and react to on-going operational needs.
- Regular AHM staff inspections to guide on-site managers in the development of improvement plans and to monitor plan implementation.
- Monthly conference call meetings with all property general managers to share information and ideas, and address specific useful topics.
- Providing experienced liaison between you and the hotel; and you, hotel and the franchisor.
- Working with local community leaders, other businesses, and organizations.
- Advising you of any necessary compliance with local, state, and federal laws which govern the operation of your property.
- Providing timely financial reports designed to give you reliable and regular access to this important information.
AHM knows how to run successful and profitable hotel properties. We know the industry and the market, and understand the franchise business as well as what makes independent hotels thrive. Our Operations Services are a culmination of 170+ years of hands-on experience and a thorough knowledge of the inner workings of all facets of the hotel business.
Our Operations Services include:
- Taking whatever steps needed for the successful and economical operation of the hotel within agreed upon boundaries.
- Bringing in experienced management teams from other properties we have under contract if the need arises.
- Ordering supplies and other materials at competitive market rates. Some supply contracts can be leveraged with other properties granting us considerable cost savings. We take no markup on these supplies or contracts and pass all savings directly onto you.
- Supply inventory management and maintenance.
- Maintaining the property and contracting for repairs when needed.
- Contracting with insurance providers to maintain liability, workmen’s compensation, property damage, and all other necessary insurance.
- Obtaining all licenses and permits necessary for the operation of the property. This includes performing all acts that may be required by any applicable statute or regulation.
- Staffing the hotel with exceptional employees: hiring and discharging as required, payroll management, and training.
Since we are successful in many niche-type markets and operate limited service, full service, extended stay, and resort properties, AHM can provide proven marketing strategies.
Our Marketing Services include:
- Recommending pricing plans based on the market, brand, and your objectives.
- Creating sales materials such as brochures and websites.
- Managing promotion and communication activities such as advertising, direct sales, and PR events.
- Providing sales training for your personnel.
- Developing a marketing strategy and implementing the plan to increase your asset value.